Monday, June 12, 2017

WEEKENDS + WEDDINGS.

This past weekend was so fun! 

FRIDAY
It started off with my friend's Alex & Holly's wedding at La Caille on Friday!  The venue was beautiful and at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon so the views of the mountains were just so beautiful! 

It felt like a little Rexburg friend reunion and I loved every minute of it! It honestly kind of made me miss Rexburg too. Not so much the town but just that time of my life and having 30 really fun, good friends living in a mile radius of me. I guess I just have missed a lot of them more than I realized, so it was a pretty nostalgic night. It was also cute to meet friend's babies, and see ones who have grown what feels like 4 years in a matter of a year. 

We ate yummy food. We danced. We had the yummiest little desserts! I'm talking mini pecan pie bites, mini key lime bites, and chocolate covered strawberries. So good! It was just a really fun night and I was so happy to see old friend who I hadn't seen in a couple years.





SATURDAY
Saturday I had checks to cash and since I'm still old fashion I have to actually take them to the bank to get them cashed. I should get that mobile deposit thing though. So I went to City Creek to get that done and decided to walk across the street to Temple Square to walk around. I hadn't done that in a while so it was lovely to be able to just walk around on my own and sit by the fountain watching all the bride and grooms take photos. I always really enjoy watching other photographers at Temple Square to see how they direct and engage with their clients.  

I also got myself a little Lion House roll and honey butter and just sat outside on a bench in the sunshine eating it. I'm so glad they let you just buy one! It's one dollar on the dot if you're curious. 



SUNDAY
Jeremy and I usually eat at The Park either Saturday or Sunday morning, but this Sunday morning we decided just to do cereal and poptarts at home while we watched a little bit of Orange is the New Black! We then went to Blue Copper for coffee and bagels.

Then it was time for Lagoon! I'm so happy that Jeremy is always willing to go to Lagoon when I suggest it. We've been three times this year and it's so fun each time!
My favorite rides lately are: Cannibal, Turn of the Century (the swings), and an airplane ride that I'm not sure the name of. It's the one where you can control your own little airplane propeller to make yourself swing higher as the ride goes. That one is so fun but always slightly scary because we make ourselves go too high and it starts to kind of snap at the cables. 

Also I know I'm getting older because Jeremy and I both willingly killed about an hour in Pioneer Village just walking around and going in all the shops to look at the old artifacts. I know if I was any younger than I am now I would have been annoyed by the fact that we were spending time looking at all the old buildings and carriages instead of going on rides, but we both were just loving it so much! We saw all the old carriages, went inside the printing press shop, and looked at all the old merchandise and clothing from the late 1800s. We really were acting like a cute little old couple just happy as can be in Pioneer Village. :)



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment