Tuesday, June 6, 2017

SUNNY WEEKEND IN LA!

This weekend I went to Los Angeles to help out at Forrest's company booth at the Cine Gear Expo. It was super fun and the expo was in the Paramount Pictures studio lot so it was so cool to be able to walk around and explore the lot in between helping at the booth.



Forrest started a company with his business partner Dan Kanes called Atlas Lens Co. They make anamorphic camera lenses and this weekend they were demo-ing them at the Cine Gear Expo. I went to be a model so when people were trying out the lenses they had something to focus on and compare. It was really fun! Anytime a huge crowd would build up someone would lean in and ask if I felt weird having everyone stare at me and I just told them I didn't mind at all. It really didn't feel weird because I know that it was all technical based. People were just trying to see how sharp the lens was and test the bokeh and flares. Plus a secret part of me always likes being on camera. :)





  

My mom and dad both drove down to see the booth so that was so nice to see both of them this weekend also! Mama actually stayed at the show both days and helped also, and my dad came down Saturday and spent the day with us. This photo was right before we started taking down the booth at the end of the show.


The expo was only Friday + Saturday so we had Sunday just to play!
We went up to the Griffith Observatory and then down to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I hadn't been there in years so it was fun to see all the craziness again! 

Also, the amount of snakes there are NOT fun! I am so terrified of snakes and people had huge ones around their necks for tourists to take photos with and I hated every single moment of that! I would see one so I would walk further away from it on the sidewalk only to be confronted by another guy with another huge snake around him right beside me. Man do I hate snakes! 

We stopped and got ice cream cones at Ghiradelli which were so yummy! I've never been the biggest ice cream fan but it was so warm outside that ice cream just sounded exactly like what we needed! I also really want to go back on a weekday to go to a showing of Jimmy Kimmel Live which is filmed on that street. 


We drove around the neighborhoods and looked at all the huge beautiful houses and Jeremy and I brainstormed how we can get rich quick so we can afford to move into a mini mansion in LA. We've yet to hit our big idea yet but it's coming, I can feel it! 

We also stopped by Tiffen in Burbank to see another little set up Forrest and Dan were doing at the Tiffen Open House. We saw Garrett Brown there (the inventor of the steadicam) who actually filmed The Shining! Those steadicam Shining shots really changed the game for the movie industry, so it was cool to see him there with his steadicams letting people try them on and do some mock filming.


Trips like this always light that little traveling/moving flame in me. Maybe come November or so I can think more about moving so I can have one last summer and fall in Salt Lake City. Who knows. But it sure is fun to daydream about! :)



Atlas Lens Co:  atlaslensco.com
"The Steadicam and The Shining":  www.tested.com/art/movies/457145-shining-and-steadicam

No comments:

Post a Comment