Monday, June 19, 2017

STRESS INDUCED SLEEPINESS

Does anyone else have stress induced sleepiness?

I feel like anytime I'm overly stressed or in the midst of any type of confrontation I get really sleepy. Like just yawning up a storm and wanting to lay down wherever I am and take a little nap. I know it must totally be a coping mechanism but I wonder just how common it is. 

Sometimes Jeremy will come to me to talk something out or try to get my input and I just feel like clocking out for a good 30 minutes. There was one time when we were thinking about buying a new camera together, and he just wanted to sit down and talk about which camera I was leaning towards, and I just kept yawning and looking over at my pillow who was just sweetly calling out my name asking me to lay down. I'm pretty sure I even ended up giving in and napping after our super short camera conversation. (I mean, that was even an exciting thing and my mind still wanted to flee from that conversation because it required some type of decision to be made.)

It's not even something that I intentionally do, it just happens. I know it's my body trying to manage stress but it really is the worst response I can think of. I remember it would happen a lot when I was in college. I would sit down to do the hours of homework I knew I had to do but end up taking a nap instead because I was too stressed to even start! Instead of trying to tackle any of it, I would just run away from all of it. Dumb haha.

So if anyone else has this, let me know what you do to push past it. Because once I get to that stress-sleepy phase, it's all downhill from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment