Thursday, June 22, 2017

MOVIE TUESDAY: 47 METERS DOWN.

Tuesday night I watched 47 Meters Down for $5 Movie Tuesday with Forrest and Alyssa, and let me just say I now have a new found fear of the ocean! That movie was so stressful and intense and made me realize just how huge and unknown the ocean truly is. 

Granted, it wasn't an amazing movie or anything but it was still pretty good! Overlook Mandy Moore's poor acting abilities and it will be much more enjoyable for you! haha.



I think what I like about that movie most is that the characters never do anything you wouldn't also do. I think that's the worst part about scary/suspenseful movies for me; when the characters do idiotic things that you're yelling at the screen "What?! Don't do that, you dumby!" I just can't stand when characters don't make normal human instinct decisions. 
 Examples: Splitting up the group to "cover more ground". Going into the dark scary attic/basement/crawlspace to "just check it out". Having someone chasing after you in a house so you run upstairs instead out the front door. (Here's the thing, if someone is already about to murder me, I'm not about to go deeper into my house by going upstairs, I'm running out that front door into the open.)

The two women in 47 Meters Down make normal decisions and I think that's refreshing in this type of genre. Except their first decision to even get in that rickety old shark cage; I wouldn't have made that decision!

Last night I asked Jeremy "Can they [great white sharks] really be 25 feet?" Just out of pure disbelief that something so terrifying is allowed to be that big. It just doesn't seem fair that a creature so terrifying already is allowed to grow so big also. I feel like they should only grow to like 12 feet tops haha. 

So naturally we laid in bed watching different great white shark videos right before bed which were so awful. Luckily I didn't have any shark dreams. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment