Wednesday, June 21, 2017

SHOOTING AND STUFF

But not that kind of shooting. Actual shooting. I've become so used to using "shooting" as just a photography term that I forgot it's not the original meaning. 

Jeremy + I went shooting with Forrest at a gun range in Murray because Forrest has been wanting to go with us for a while. It had been a couple years since I've been and I think I psych myself out before each time. It's not so much the fear that I will misuse a gun, but that someone else will accidentally shoot me. It's just a scary thought that someone else mistake could cost you your life. I guess that's true for most things though. 
 


For not being a gun fanatic whatsoever, it is actually really fun to go shooting once you're actually doing it. It's just a fun game of trying to make it as close to the bullseye as you can. And I have to just toot my own horn and say I'm actually pretty good! I mean just look at my little target guy! And he was far away on the line!

 


The next morning, a coworker asked me "How was shooting?" and for a split second I probably looked really confused as I tried to remember what photos I took the day before. Then I remembered he meant real shooting, he wasn't asking me about photos haha.

It was a lot of fun! Just invest in some good ear protection before you go and you're golden!  


The gun range: www.tntgunrange.com
(the employees there are super friendly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment