Tuesday, June 20, 2017

MY FIRST TRIP TO PORTLAND!

I have always wanted to go to Portland. I've only ever been as far as the Portland airport which doesn't count. Lately I've decided that I rather save up my money and spend it on experiences and trips rather than just things. So slowly but surely, that's what I'll do! 


I'll go to places I've never been. See things I've never seen. Travel as much as I can while I'm still young and can enjoy it. I think all too often people buy into this idea that they will have more time to travel once they get older and have more steady incomes, but I want to travel while I'm young and can truly enjoy it!  



Our trip was so lovely and I loved Oregon so much! We stayed a couple nights in downtown Portland at The Society Hotel and a night in Lincoln City right on the beach! It was the most peaceful thing to hear the ocean right outside our window as we slept. The whole trip we kept waking up naturally every morning no later than 6:30am. I think it was a mix of being on Utah time still and being excited for each day's adventures!



We went to: 
Voodoo Doughnuts. Multnomah Falls. Lincoln City Beach. Upper Left Roasters. Tea Bar. The Japanese Gardens. The Saturday Market along the river. Chipotle (this has weirdly become our travel food which we secretly love!) Powells (only because a million people told me I just HAD to go there.) The town of Tillamook, but not the factory. A yummy Mexican restaurant in Lincoln City with some of the worst service I've had. A yummy pizza/pub place across the street from our hotel for a little late night pepperoni pizza run. The prettiest waterfall near Multnomah Falls which I honestly liked better! You could walk right up to where the water hits and there were far fewer people there.



 Trip Highlights:
  • Japanese Gardens.
  • Falling asleep in Lincoln City to the sounds of waves crashing on the shore.
  • The Froot Loop donut from Voodoo Doughnut! (and getting there when there was no line at all. Go Friday morning at 9:00am- ish!)
  • Strolling through the Saturday Market near the river.
  • The vanilla steamer that Jeremy got from Tea Bar that I drank way too much of.
  • Watching the sun set from the rooftop garden of our hotel.
  • Driving along the old highway instead of the freeway on the way back from Multnomah Falls! That old highway is so much prettier and reminds me of all the gold mining towns I love so much in the Sierra Nevada.
  • Our last morning spent on the beach looking for whole sand dollars. 
  • Sitting on a bench in the Rose Garden surrounded by pretty things and just being at complete peace for those 20 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment