Friday, July 28, 2017

HAPPY LITTLE THINGS.

Because sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy all the little pieces of happiness in your life no matter how small and insignificant they may seem. 


1. At work, the Portlandia theme song came on and it instantly just made me so happy. Part of it was because it subconsciously tricked my brain into thinking I was watching the show. But also because it reminded me of driving through the canopy tree neighborhoods in Portland and listening to that song in the car with Jeremy. 

2. Coffee shop mornings with friends. I always look forward to Friday mornings for this exact reason. Good drinks, good toast, and good friends. 


3. Today at work, a guy came up to me and asked "You love your job huh?" When I said yes, he said "it really shows" and just told me how he appreciated how happy I always look walking around. That was just a really nice thing to hear. 

4. We had pizza day at work yesterday and we're having it again today! Yay for pizza days!

5. It's been a lovely cloudy drizzly day up until now (noon) which is so nice! I love a good overcast morning. I drove to work with all my windows down this morning and couldn't get enough of the fresh breeze through my hair and the nice rain smell in the air.

6. We watched a really dumb movie last night called "The Belkno Experiment" but sometimes I secretly really love bad movies. It just seems like no one on the production team realized just how cheesy it was before they sent the final product out into the world and I find that funny!

7. I organized and cleaned up my shop so I can really start focusing on Confetti Heart more! It's so nice to have an organized shop, and I really want to concentrate more energy into my business.

8. Today I got the urge to learn French again so as I've been sitting here editing photos I've been listening to French lessons on YouTube and it's interesting just how much comes back when you hear phrases again. I just want to be able to speak French so badly! One day I will. :)

9. Mama has been here for the past couple of weeks and it's been fun to have her here! We go on little drives, we watch TV together (one of our favorite pastimes!), and we get to chit chat in person instead of on the phone so that's been nice.

10. I'm just really happy today! I've been having a lot of good days lately so I'm very grateful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment