Wednesday, July 26, 2017

DUNKIRK. MORE LIKE STRESSKIRK.

Last night, we saw Dunkirk at IMAX in West Valley! If I had to describe Dunkirk in one word, it would be: stressful.

That movie was 106 minutes of just pure stress. But good stress. 

I really loved it! But really, I've yet to watch a Christopher Nolan film that I didn't like. What can I say, the man is good at what he does! I especially love how strong of a role music plays in his movies. It's integrated so well within the film and subtly drives the emotion of the movie. 

Dunkirk is one of those movies that is so captivating, I forgot I was sitting in a huge IMAX theater full of people. I finally remembered about a third of the way in to the movie that I wasn't alone with the movie. Any movie that can make you forget what's immediately happening all around you is a pretty good movie!

So if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it!
If you say "But Olivia, I don't like war movies..." go watch it.
If you think you'll just wait until Redbox, treat yourself and see it in the theater.
If you think just any old theater is fine, I say no way Jose, go watch it in IMAX. It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment