Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A PICNIC IN LITTLE COTTONWOOD.

Saturday, my Mama made a lot of yummy food, and my family went up to Little Cottonwood Canyon for a picnic! We had good picnic food too! She made pesto, chicken salad sandwiches, and a couple of different kinds of a salad.


It was the nicest temperature up there and so nice to escape the heat for a bit! We went up to the top of Little Cottonwood to Albion Basin and found some logs to bring together to sit on and eat. We had our dinner and Jeremy gave pieces of bread to a little critter who kept coming by. I think he called it a potgut? He was cute whatever he was!




After we ate, we walked along the path up towards Cecret Lake. Jeremy and Forrest climbed rocks along the way, I took lots of photos, and picked too many wildflowers. It was just a really nice evening.


Sometimes I forget just how nice it is to go up the canyons. I always love it when I do, but sometimes I let too much time pass in between my trips up there. I'm going to make it a point to explore the canyons more and just escape the city a little more. I mean, this absolutely beautiful place is only 30 minutes from my house. I don't really have any excuses not to spend more time up there! 

I also really want to start utilizing the canyons more with my photoshoots. The wildflowers and pine trees are just so lovely and I want to do more shoots up there.

Forrest performing an Indian Paintbrush healing blessing.





Until next time, Little Cottonwood Canyon. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment