Wednesday, February 15, 2017

OUR FIRST VALENTINE'S DAY!

This was our first Valentine's Day together so naturally I was pretty excited for it!


I think me being so excited stressed Jeremy out a bit though. I wasn't trying to make him feel like he had to do anything extravagant; I just have always loved Valentine's Day so I always get way too excited the week leading up to it. It really is the only holiday I care about between New Year's Eve and the Fourth of July which is a pretty long stretch without a fun holiday if you think about it. (Sorry, Easter. You cute, but you ain't in the top 5 or anything.)


We woke up early so we could get off work early. That's the nice thing about our jobs, as long as we get our work done it doesn't matter when we go in. Going in at 7:00am and getting off at 3:00pm really is such a nice thing! Especially in the winter. There's nothing more depressing than getting off work when it's dark and feeling like your day is gone. Right?


When we first came home we exchanged gifts. He got me the prettiest flowers, chocolate covered strawberries from a local chocolate shop here in downtown SLC, and the special edition blue vinyl La La Land record! Oh I wanted that record so bad and he got it for me! It's the prettiest blue transparent vinyl and I'm so excited to listen to it! I listen to that soundtrack way too much.


Jeremy made us dinner reservations at this Italian restaurant we've been wanting to try on Main St called Michelangelo's. It was super yummy! I got a yummy chicken and pasta dish and tomato basil soup. After dinner, we walked over to the Capitol Theatre to see Ballet West perform The Sleeping Beauty! I hadn't been to any of Ballet West's performances but I've always heard such good things and I love the ballet so as soon as I found out they were doing a Valentine's Day show, I knew that's what we had to do!


It was sooo good, you guys! I seriously loved it! That was the first ballet Jeremy had ever been to and he loved it too. I really want to go to another Ballet West performance soon! Also, I really want to go photograph them while they're practicing so if anyone knows anyone involved with Ballet West, let me know! I just think it would be so fun to take photos of them practicing or running through dress rehearsals.


P.S. All night I kept thinking how badly I want to be a ballerina. Sure I haven't done ballet since I was in 5th grade, and maybe I have no rhythm whatsoever... but I kept thinking "this is what I want to do!" haha. Next week I'll be deeply inspired to do something else, but for now, it's a ballet dancer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment