Thursday, March 23, 2017

CABIN TRIP WITH THE FOSTERS

Jeremy and I went on a snowboarding cabin trip with his family to Eagle Point! Eagle Point is about 3 1/2 hours south east of Salt Lake City.


I had only ever been snowboarding once before, when I was 16, and I really didn't learn much in that one day of snowboarding, so essentially, this was my first time. Jeremy was super patient and stayed by my side all day which was so nice! I really was kind of scared. I may or may not have cried more than once that day. I blame it on fear of falling, and feeling way too claustophobic in all the layers of clothes I had to wear to combat the 10 degree weather. I kept reassuring him I was having fun even though I was crying. The phrase of the day was "I think the fear is just overcoming the excitement of it." haha.


He was so nice about it all, and he is such a good snowboarder too! I knew this already, but it's so different actually being able to watch him snowboard in person and see his cool tricks. That guy can do backflips! What?! Backflips, you guys. I can't even do a backflip at all, and here he is doing them with a snowboard attached to his feet.




The first night there we all went to the hot tub down by the lodge. I was seriously so excited for the hot tub! Maybe even more than snowboarding... ;)



There were two hot tubs side by side outside where we had the prettiest view of the sunset while we relaxed. The relaxing only really lasted less than 10 minutes though because his siblings in the hot tub next to ours schemed up a plan to turn their hot tub into a bubble bath. They poured 1/3 Solo cup of hand soap into their hot tub and I don't know if I've ever seen more bubbles in my life! The bubbles were overflowing the tub walls and running down the sidewalk blending in with the snow part of way down the path. A lodge worker came outside and just asked "Did one of you put soap in the hot tub?" and they all lied and said no! He asked them to get out so they could drain it, clean it, and refill it. It was awkward. Just really uncomfortable to have multiple workers come out to start draining the water, and grumble to each other about what they had to do to take care of it. Meanwhile, all the sudsy siblings were now in our hot tub as we awkwardly didn't talk each time a worker came outside. It was weird. I'm sure it will be a funny memory in a year, but for now, I just felt so awkward and bad for those workers having to clean up after adults putting waaaay too much soap in a hot tub. Sorry, lodge workerbees.


We played games at night in the living room of the cabin which was really fun! My family was never really a game family so it's a big change hanging out with the Fosters who play so many games! For real, it seems like every time we go visit I learn about a new game that I've never heard of haha.



It was such a fun trip! So, thank you Fosters for letting me tag along. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment