Friday, February 23, 2018

SNOW DAY.

It's mid February and this is the first real snow storm we've had this winter. It's been such a mild winter with like 2 little snow flurries and they melted right away each time. So I definitely am very grateful for our mild winter!

It dumped all Sunday night, all day Monday, and it's been snowing all today. I shoveled the sidewalks mid day on Monday and in a few hours it looked like I hadn't even done anything in the first place! So much snow. Despite not super loving snow, I do enjoy shoveling the sidewalks. There's something very satisfying about clearing it all.


Monday was my first time driving my Fit in the snow and it did super well! I was pleasantly surprised. It always baffles me that Salt Lake isn't good at taking care of the roads in the city. I usually take State street to work, but that day I told myself to definitely take State because I figured that would have been the most clear, but nope! They had barely plowed it. Luckily I was going downhill, but I saw a few cars struggling going the opposite way up the hill. I always feel so bad when I see people's wheels just spinning in place on them; I know that feeling all too well and it's awful!

I've said it once and I'll say it a million times, I honestly wouldn't mind the snow as much if there was a way to just magically keep all the streets clear. That's what gives me all the snow anxiety.  

This kind of snow also makes me super want to watch The Shining! I keep walking through patches of untouched deep snow and I feel like the wife at the end of the movie trudging through the snow in the hedge maze! I've been wanting to watch it all week, but I keep getting overruled by Mama and Forrest. Maybe tonight is the night!

Happy snow day, Utah/Idaho people! Take a night this weekend to have a fun movie night to watch The Shining. Or just The Bachelor Winter Games! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment