Tuesday, February 20, 2018

VALENTINE'S DAY!

I, like many other women, love Valentine's Day! Not just because it's a day all about love, but also just all the pink and red everywhere, the hearts on everything, the chocolate, and the fact that it's a designated day to show your love for everyone in your life. I love it all!


This Valentine's Day was our second one together and so far, we've done a good job of making the day special for each other. This year, I surprised him with a date to go ice skating at the Gallivan Center! It was so much fun, and there were hardly any people so we got to sprawl out a little on the ice. The ice skating rink is outside in the heart of downtown which makes a cute backdrop against the pink and red lit ice rink. Jeremy is super good at ice skating which I never knew and he said I was pretty good too. :)




After ice skating, Jeremy took me to dinner to Copper Onion! I got the yummiest steak, veggies, and potatoes, and Jeremy got a super good burger and fries! We had never been there before so it was fun to try out a new restaurant downtown. Our reservation was pretty late but even at 8:30pm that place was still hoppin! 



He gave me the loveliest pink roses, all my favorite chocolates from See's, chocolate covered strawberries, and a gift. I'm really just such a big fan of all the sweet treats on Valentine's Day!

I love that the past two years we unknowingly treat Valentine's Day as a day to try new things! Last year we tried a new Italian restaurant and went to the SLC Ballet which neither of us had done before, and this year we did new things too! I don't think we ever plan it to be that way, but it just seems to happen and I find that fun!

You can read about our first Valentine's Day here:
heartofconfetti.blogspot.com/firstvalentinesday

No comments:

Post a Comment