Thursday, March 8, 2018

DNA RESULTS ARE IN!

So I bought myself an Ancestry DNA kit because how fun is it to find out what you really are! I got my results back on New Year's Eve but realized I never shared the results here!

I grew up my whole life answering the question "what are you?" with the same answer every time. "I'm like half Spanish, half German." I mean my mom's side migrated to the US from Spain hundreds of years ago, and my dad's side has a lot of German, Scottish, etc so it was the easiest answer; especially when you're a kid.

Now that I got my results back, I laugh because despite having the most German last name possible, I'm hardly German at all! Who knew all those little charts I made throughout elementary school were so inaccurate!

It's fun to see the actual percentage break down of everything that makes up my DNA and all the little surprises to it! I never knew I was so Irish/Scottish/British! Or so Native American for that matter.

It's crazy the different results each sibling can get! Granted my brother David has a different dad, but his came back with 55% Great Britain which seems like so much! I can't wait until the rest of my siblings and parents get their results in to compare! 

It's just so fun to finally find out what composes your DNA. Now I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment