Wednesday, September 20, 2017

MY NEW DREAM FOR 2018!

Okay, I know I'm always changing my dreams, and plans, and life goals, so to continue on in that tradition, I have a new dream that I want to do in 2018!

Hear me out on this. Pitch in ideas if you have them. Tell me your experience if you've done something similar.

I want to take a few months next Spring/Summer to pack up what I'll need and travel around to see the U.S! I went down all the different traveling avenues in my mind: the van life converted into a little camper, an actual camper, a SUV to just sleep in the back of, and I've realized that for me, the best way to go is an SUV. I've been researching different SUVs and I'm really leaning towards a Honda CR-V. The new 2017 model's back seats lay flat so I can stretch a little bed out in the back at night! I still need to walk my little bum over to the Honda dealership to see if they truly lay flat though. It looks like they do from all the photos but I think I'll only truly know when I actually lie down in the back of a few. (At work, I've been putting back seats down and laying in the back of sooo many SUVs lately to test them out! haha)

I honestly think that as long as I buy a car that I can actually lie flat in I'll be okay on the road! I'm mainly a stomach sleeper so not being bent like a banana every night is a big priority! I'm no stranger to sleeping in my car and if I can fit comfortably in my little Toyota now, imagine how much space an SUV will offer to sprawl out like the little star fish I am! haha

Looking like a crazy lady, sleeping in my car in a McDonald's parking lot in Las Vegas.

I just think it would be so fun, and there's so much of the United States that I've never seen!  I have enough saved up that I could afford to just take some months off from work, and I feel like there's no better time than now! (Well, now as in next Spring when the weather is pleasant to travel.) 

Places I'm really excited to see:
  • New York City
  • Seattle
  • New Orleans 
  • The whole north east (Maine, New Hampshire, New York countryside)
  • Boston
  • Niagara Falls 
  • Florida 
  • Disneyworld!
  • Chicago 
  • The Carolinas
  • The Great Lakes! (Is that what they're called? You know, all those Michigan lakes that are practically oceans!) 
  • Mount Rushmore
  • Toronto

So that's what I've been daydreaming about lately at work! Selling my current car. Buying a new/used CR-V. Getting rid of so much stuff I don't need. Hitting the road to see new places. Visit my family all over the U.S. Take photos. 

I just really want to go on this adventure for a few months!


No comments:

Post a Comment