Tuesday, September 5, 2017

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!

It's the first few days of September so that means it's birthday month! 

I have mixed emotions about this birthday however. On September 12th, I turn 25 years old and 25 seems a little scary to me. It's such an official number, such a monumental age, and I don't know if I'm truly prepared for it. I know older people will read this and laugh, but just remember that despite how old you may be, this is the oldest I have ever been.


I think I just also thought things would look different by 25. Not by much though because I truly am very happy with how my life is going and the things I have done, but I do think I thought I would be married by 25. Honestly when I was little, I thought I would get married when I was 22. In my little kid mind, 22 was the perfect age. Not too young and not too old. But 22 came and went and I sit here single and happy. (I really am okay with not being married though, I don't think I would have truly been ready if I got married any younger than now.)

25 also just seems scary because I will no longer be early twenties. 24 can still easily pass as early twenties, but instantly overnight I will suddenly be "mid twenties". 

Mid twenties, you guys! That's so scary!

I know everything will be okay, and that I will love being 25 just as much as all my other years, but for now I will just sit here and freak out about it a little. 


No comments:

Post a Comment