Monday, September 25, 2017

25TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO SAN DIEGO!

For my birthday weekend, I went to San Diego for the first time! It was so much more beautiful than I thought it would be! It honestly felt like a little Hawaii to me; it was so tropical and the perfect weather! I guess I just had really pictured it being more desert and not as nice as it was. I don't know what I was thinking! 


We actually went for a wedding, but I just pretended we were there for my birthday! haha. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was held at a venue on the Navy base right next to the bay. It was so nice to spend the night eating, and drinking, and dancing by the water! 


Saturday we had the day to just explore the city so we did! We first went to Liberty Station to a coffee shop that also had a little pop up shop of the cutest things. It was one of those shops where you want everything but even simple candles are like $45 bucks. Um, no thank you. They really did have such cute things though! And it inspired me to try to make a white flowy dress like one I saw there.

The interior of the shop! The coffee shop is behind the camera.
We then went to Balboa Park to walk around and I loved it! That whole park is so pretty and a relaxing escape from the city. We walked to the old Cactus Garden which is still there from the 1930s. A guy working at that little coffee shop actually suggested we go there. Honestly, it needed a little love. It felt a little neglected when it came to weeds and general upkeep, but I love the idea of a garden being created in the 30s still existing today.



We had lunch at Chipotle (as we do on vacations)! And then we went down to the Harbor area by the USS Midway! We saw the kissing statue, walked around all the huge ships, got ice cream from a little ice cream cart guy, sat by the water and admired the pirate looking ships, and just enjoyed the day!

25 years old in San Diego!


Can we just all appreciate how crazy my Bugs Bunny ice cream looks? He super made me crack up with those crazy eyes! I really wanted the Spongebob one but the guy was all out, but I loved my little lunatic Bugs Bunny!
 



I saw a cruise ship for the first time when we were near the harbor and I couldn't believe just how massive those ships are! Jeremy was actually driving when we turned at a light, and a Disney cruise ship came into view at the dock. I gasped because it was just so massive and that really freaked Jeremy out! He thought someone was about to hit us or something because of the way I gasped. hahah. It was just so massive, you guys! I know all of you know because I swear everyone has gone on a cruise besides me, but I had never experienced seeing a ship that ginormous so close to me! It was very breathtaking to say the least.

Yay for fun trips! And yay for finding another city to add to the love list! 


[San Diego Part 2 to follow shortly.]

No comments:

Post a Comment