Monday, May 8, 2017

FIXING UP THE BACKYARD

Among all the other things Jeremy & I did on Saturday, we spent just about 5 hours outside cleaning up the front and backyard. I keep telling him I want to plant vegetables and have a garden in the backyard so we're finally fixing up the yard so I can plant my garden!

We went to IFA and I bought garden soil and seeds! We're going to attempt to grow: tomatoes, basil, carrots, red potatoes, spinach, and lettuce. I basically want to just try to grow the things we eat a lot of anyway and that was the list. I already have raspberries and green onions in the front yard that come back every year, and the raspberries are so yummy!

We're going to work more in the backyard today after work and try to make some planters out of scrap wood we have left over from the house renovations. I really wish I would have taken a "before" photo because the backyard looks so much nicer already and we're not even done yet! I'll take one today as a mid-way photo to show you guys. 

I'm so excited to finally have a backyard I can use! I just want to have my little garden back there, and have barbecues and hang outs with friends this spring and summer.

Up next on our list to do:
Paint the fence white. It's an ugly chipped red now.
Build planters.
Buy a patio table set.
Mix in garden soil. 
Plant seeds.
Watch my garden grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment