Wednesday, May 24, 2017

MAKING PHOTO ALBUMS (finally)

I have decided I want to start printing out my photos into photo albums. I've always been really bad about printing out photos, but I really want to preserve all these memories beyond my external hard drive which might just die at any moment. It's scary to think about not having all my photos anymore if something were to just happen to my computer or hard drive. 

So I've decided I want to dedicate a couple hours every week to print out photos and create tangible photos albums. I'm thinking it will be a good Sunday afternoon activity if I just dedicate two hours or so to it each week. That seems so doable and then I'll be able to have cute photo albums to look back on years to come!

When I was little I really loved looking through photo albums when I was at my Grandma's house. It was fun to just sit on her couch and pull out one photo album after another and see all the little happy moments of life captured in the pages of those books. I want that for my own life. I want to be able to look back on all these fun things I'm doing, and all the happy moments of my 20s.

I haven't decided which company to make my prints with. I've printed at Walmart and Walgreens before but I wasn't really super happy with either. Maybe I'll try out Target and Costco and see how their quality is before I go printing hundreds of photos. Have any of you had any good experiences with photo labs? I just want the quality to be sharp and the color to be accurate.

I'm excited to start this little weekly project! I can't wait to have tangible photo albums in my hands in a few months.   

No comments:

Post a Comment