Tuesday, August 29, 2017

MINI VACATION TO MIDWAY!

For some reason, Midway is one of those towns I can never for the life of me remember the name of! We went there for a wedding, and we stayed at the Homestead Resort which was pretty cute! The wedding was really nice, but I think I mainly just loved escaping normal life for a bit.

Why is it always so much more fun to lay in a hotel bed and watch TV than it is to lay in my own bed and watch TV? haha. 

As much as I love people, a big part of me really just loves being by myself! I love being able to just wander around alone, sprawl out on the bed alone to watch Fixer Upper, and just have alone time to not have to talk to anyone.


Jeremy was there to photograph his co-worker's wedding so I spent a good chunk of it just walking around exploring the resort. I attended most of the wedding but snuck away a few times to just wander, to check out the pools and hot tub, to check out a couple movies for the night from the front desk in the lobby, and to buy candy in the gift shop. And of course to eat up the yummy filet mignon and have a few glasses of wine. ;)



We didn't actually have time to go to the Crater which is what the Homestead Resort is known for, but we will still do that one day! After breakfast at the little patio cafe, we got to enjoy some time by the pool and in the hot tubs which was so lovely! The breakfast was really yummy also! Pancakes have always been my go to breakfast food and they made really delicious fluffy pancakes!




It was such a nice little getaway weekend and I loved spending some time in Midway because I really haven't been there much. It really is such a cute town!

No comments:

Post a Comment