Wednesday, May 23, 2018

LIFE'S TOO SHORT.

Sometimes I get caught up in my dreamer thoughts. Lately it's been the same one thought that keeps creeping up in my mind. I just keep thinking how short life is, and how in the grand scheme of everything, finding your own personal joy throughout life is all that matters.

I also keep thinking how sad it is that we have this one life on Earth, and the majority of us spend that life working jobs we don't enjoy. It seems so crazy that we have all decided that's okay; to spend our life working 40 hour a week jobs that we don't enjoy. 40 hours each week is a long time. So many people I know just live for the two fun days of the week that we're free to do what we really love doing. It just all seems so bananas to me!


I don't know what the solution is besides just working for yourself. Or being a famous Instagramer who gets paid to travel and promote hotels and products! haha. I just wish life was still a little simpler. I wish we all didn't have to work so much at jobs we don't enjoy just to buy stuff we don't really need. I'm making it a point to spend my money on trips and experiences rather than just stuff, but I also need to find the time to go on these little adventures I'm saving up for.

I just want a job that pays me to:
  • Go to the beach
  • Go to Disneyland
  • Travel
  • Eat
  • Swim in rivers and hot springs
  • Go on roadtrips
  • See movies
  • Go to Lagoon
  • Play at the water slides every Summer
  • Visit my family and friends


Once I figure out who's paying for all that, I'll let you guys know too. :)
I just think back to the older days where everything was simple and families worked their land, planted and sustained themselves off their farms, and traded their handmade goods in the markets. Granted their lives weren't as fun as we have it now, and they probably ended up working way more than 40 hours a week in the long run, but at least they weren't stuck indoors in little cubicles stuck at their desks. There's just something about that simple 1850s life that I romanticize a little. 

We're only on Earth once and it's hard for me to believe we should be spending our lives doing anything other than what we love and what brings us happiness!

I need to find a way to break out of this cycle and pursue all the things that bring me pure joy. I want to travel and see the world. I want slow days of swimming and hanging out in the Merced River. I want days filled with playing at the beach and looking for sea glass with my mom, Anti, and Sophia. I want Disneyland, Lagoon, and waterslide days. I want driving around the Pacific Northwest in the rain days. I want roadtrips around the United States. And I want my family and friends there alongside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment