Thursday, October 23, 2014

THE SKELETON TWINS

Last Saturday, I went down to my favorite movie theater in SLC to watch The Skeleton Twins. It's my favorite theater because it shows all my favorite indie movies that never come to any other theater. The Skeleton Twins is definitely one of the best movies I have seen in a long time! It was the perfect mix of hilarious moments that leave your cheeks hurting from laughing so much, and heartwrenching moments that cut right to the core of you before you even know what hit you. The trailer does not do the movie justice in the slightest bit because it's far funnier than it appears to be. I kind of like when trailers are vague like that though; I don't want to know the whole story before I even sit down to watch it.

I don't know if I was in an especially weird state of mind Saturday night or if the movie would have impacted me as much as it did if I had watched it any other day, but something about this movie really hit close to home for me. If you have a history of dealing with depression in your family this might hit close to home for you as well.

So if you find you have an extra $8-12 in your pocket and you don't mind rated R movies (I'm looking at you, Mormons), then head on down to your nearest movie theater and treat yourself to one of the best movies you'll see this year. It'll make you laugh, make you bawl your eyes out, and inspire you. If any of you have already watched it or go out to see it, let me know, I'm excited to talk to people about one of my new favorite movies!



THE SKELETON TWINS TRAILER:



No comments:

Post a Comment