Sunday, October 19, 2014

A LOVELY AUTUMN DAY

Yesterday I had one of the best days I've had in a while. My best friend came to town to perform in Deep Love on Friday night here in SLC. (Deep Love is an awesome rock opera written and performed by a lot of my friends from up in Rexburg.)
Yesterday (Saturday) we had a free day to do whatever we pleased and it turned out to be such a nice, relaxing, fun day. We started the day off right by going to the Salt Lake City Farmers Market at Pioneer Park. I actually have been meaning to go since I moved here but by the time I remember about it on Saturdays it's already over. I was pleasantly surprised at how big the farmers market was!
At the end of our walk through the booths I ended up with: a baguette, a blueberry-lemon cookie from RubySnap, and the most delicious freshly made apple cider- the guy was squeezing the apples right in front of us!

After the farmers market, we went to City Creek and walked around the shops for a bit. We had a yummy lunch at Olive Garden; I crave their chicken and gnocchi soup way too often.

In the evening, we grabbed our sweaters and beanies and drove over to Wheeler Historic Farm in Murray, UT. It's such a pretty farm and right now they have it all decorated for Halloween with orange and purple lights along all the pathways throughout the farm. There's a little pumpkin patch where you can pick out your own pumpkin, a hay maze for the kids, and wagon rides! (I've always loved a good wagon ride. When I was little, my parents were always so nice and paid for me to go on wagon rides at all the various fall festivities.) We walked around the farm, went on our lovely wagon ride, helped little piggies scratch their backs and bellies, watched the ducks play in the pond, and enjoyed the nice crisp autumn evening air.

Please excuse these grainy phone photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment