Tuesday, April 28, 2015

THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG

Graphic Design by: Alex Fisher

As simply put, the title of this blog "Heart of Confetti" stems from lyrics from the song "Old Friend" by Alexander (a side project from the singer of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros).

In the song he sings,

"My heart is confetti, I'm having a party I'm feeling good"

This song is beautiful already, but I've always really liked this line. Mainly because this is how I feel. I find myself always just wanting to play. I just want to have fun and do fun things. I want my life to feel like one giant, fun adventure. So far, I've been extremely blessed and I've been able to have a fun life. There are some nights when I realize the hardest decision I had to make all day was what to eat. If that's the hardest thing I'm dealing with I realize I have a pretty good life.

Sometimes I hear people say things like "Well, it can't all be fun and games" and I just think to myself why not? Granted, there will be sad/frustrating/bad moments, but really isn't it just how we handle those moments that really says more about us? I know I'm going to have tough days, and I know you can't truly appreciate the good without knowing a little bit of the bad, but for my own life, I'm going to try to focus on the good!


I seriously have so many things in my life to be grateful for. I have been blessed with an amazing family; fun, caring friends; and a healthy body that allows me to do anything I need it to. It's hard to not be grateful for the good when there is so much surrounding me.

If I can just continue to keep traveling, playing, and taking photographs all along the way, I will be an extremely happy soul! So here's to having a heart of confetti, having parties, and feeling good! :)

Here is the song if you care to listen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment