Thursday, November 1, 2018

I'M ON MY U.S. ROAD TRIP!

I'm currently on my cross country U.S. road trip! I'm finally doing it and it's so beautiful! I couldn't have picked a better time of year to do this trip. The autumn colors have been so incredible everywhere I've been! I'm really in love with this season. 


I left on Monday, October 15th so it's been about 2 and a half weeks that I've been out on the road and it feels a lot shorter than that while simultaneously feeling so much longer! 
I've had a blast so far and this trip is exactly what my heart and soul needed. I needed to be wild, to explore new places, to get out of my comfort zone, to experience new things, to truly live my life. And I've been doing all of that!


So far, I've essentially done the whole northern half on the United States and a little bit of Canada too! I want to do separate blog posts to go into more depth about each beautiful place I've explored so those will be coming soon! 

I'm just overwhelmingly happy. It's hard for me to put into words, but it truly just feels so freeing for my soul. There's something so therapeutic about traveling down little unknown roads in states I've never been. About meeting new people who are also on the road by themselves with the sheer intention to just explore. About seeing other walks of life. About approaching kind strangers every step of the way to ask them to take a photo of me. About learning to be truly content with myself.

This trip is something I knew I wanted to do for a long time, but I guess I didn't realize just how much I needed it. 

Until next time. 
Goodnight from Portland, Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment